Taipei Exchange (TPEx) has established and publicized on its website an independent reporting mailbox and telephone number, allowing anyone with suspicions of possible corruption or criminal acts to report them to TPEx.
To provide information through “Whistleblowing Channels”, TPEx will collect, process, and use your personal information for the purpose of handling whistleblowing reports and responding to the whistleblower. To protect your interests, TPEx urges you to read the following statement carefully.
- Type of personal information collected:
Name, E-mail address, Telephone Number or other necessary information (ie. Phone recording).
- Period, location, user and format of personal information:
(1) Period: Having the information retained by the TPEx for 5 years.
(2) Location: TPEx (within R.O.C.)
(3) Subject: The information will be used by the TPEx or provided to the competent authority of the TPEx or a third party when required by law.
(4) Format: The TPEx will collect, process, and use your information in the format of digital or paper file.
- Signatory’s rights and ways to exercise the rights:
You may exercise your rights stipulated in Article 3 of the Personal Information Protection Act in person, including making a request to (1) access or browse, (2) duplicate, (3) update or modify, (4) suspend collection, processing or use, and (5) delete personal information. However, when the information is needed for operation, before the specific purposes vanish, or before the preservation period expires, it shall not be deleted.
- Consequence of not providing personal information:
If you fail to or are unable to provide the above-requested personal information, the TPEx will not be able to provide you with the TPEx “Whistleblowing Channels” service.